OMNeT++ is a public-source, component-based, modular and open-architecture simulation environment with strong GUI support and an embeddable simulation kernel.
I have install omnet++ in my pc and also in my laptop. Both with same version of ubuntu 8.04 but with different errors when compiling the source. Upon success, you can run the samples using ./rundemo command and below window will pop up nicely.
Here are the steps :
1. Download the simulator archive from omnetpp.org
2. sudo tar zxf omnetpp-3.4b2-src.tgz -C /usr/local/ ; cd /usr/local ; sudo ln -s omnetpp-3.4b2 omnetpp
3. sudo apt-get install bison flex blt lmodern giftrans doxygen libxml2-dev graphviz imagemagick
4. sudo apt-get install tcl8.4 tk8.4 tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev
5. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/omnetpp/lib
6. export TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.4
7. export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/omnetpp/bin
8. cd /usr/local/omnetpp;sudo ./configure;
9. sudo make
(Step 5,6,7 may be added into ~/.bashrc for future convenience. Remember to remove the word export!)
Following all those step should be no problem. It will be a problem once you in step 9 where compiler will be complaint about some command not found. Example :
opp_msgc -Xnc -Xns sim_std.msg
make: opp_msgc: Command not found
10. sudo -i
11. cd /usr/local/omnetpp;export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/omnetpp/bin
I have successfully install omnet++ using the steps mention above but when installing it in my pc,i have error: Standard C Math Library not found when running steps 8.
Solution: sudo apt-get install build-essential
Well, that’s all. enjoy your omnet++
Credit to blog.chinaunix.net
Powered by Bleezer